iPhone 7 Hard Reboot
Performing a hard reboot and entering DFU mode are the last step on the iPhone7/7 Plus troubleshooting ladder. It means that you will need to complete this when nothing else is working. By performing this hard reboot or also familiar as a hard reset, you are forcing your iPhone 7/7 Plus to reboot because of a very urgent reason. While entering DFU mode will put your iPhone 7/7 Plus into a state where your iPhone hasn’t activated the iOS, but it still can communicate with iTunes on Windows or Mac.
Usually, when we want to perform a hard reset, we will need to press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time. As the physical Home button on the iPhone 7/7 Plus doesn’t exist, you need to perform different methods to hard reboot and enter the DFU mode on iPhone 7/7 Plus. In this tutorial of how to Hard Reboot or Enter DFU Mode on iPhone 7/7 Plus, we have provided all steps required to help you perform hard reset and enter DFU mode on your iPhone 7/7 Plus. Check these out:
How to complete Hard Reset iPhone 7/7 Plus
iPhone 7 hard reboot tips – It requires a different method to complete Hard Reset on iPhone 7/7 Plus where there is no physical Home button. Check these steps below:
- First, you need to press and hold down the power button on your iPhone 7/7 Plus on the right side of the device.
- Keep holding down the power button, and now press and hold the lower volume button at the same time.
- Don’t release both iPhone 7/7 Plus power button and lower volume button before it comes back on and the Apple logo is appearing.
- Ensure that you are holding down both buttons persistently
How to enter DFU mode on iPhone 7/7 Plus
If you want to activate DFU mode on your iPhone 7/7 Plus, you will need a computer with the latest version of iTunes installed. This computer is necessary to connect your iPhone 7/7 Plus. If you are ready with your computer, then follow the steps below to activate DFU mode on your iPhone 7/7 Plus:
- Firstly, you need to ensure that the iTunes on your computer is running.
- Then, you need to turn off your iPhone 7/7 Plus before connecting it to a computer using lightning to USB cable.
- After that, press and hold down the power button on the right side of your device for about three seconds. While you are still holding down the power button, press and hold the lower volume button and continue holding down both buttons for about 10 seconds. After performing this, your iPhone’s screen should remain black throughout. Don’t hold the buttons too long because it will bring the Apple logo shown on display. If you see Apple logo is appearing, you will need to repeat the process from the beginning until it remains black.
- If the screen remains black throughout, release the power button and keep holding down the lower volume button for about five more seconds. Don’t hold the lower volume button more than five seconds or you will see the “Plug into iTunes” on display, which means you need to restart the process.
iPhone 7 Hard Reboot Tips
If you successfully performed all steps above to enter the DFU mode, your iPhone’s screen remained blank, and you will see a dialog prompt appearing on your computer saying that iTunes has detected your iPhone in recovery mode and you must restore your iPhone before using it with iTunes. Now, your iPhone 7/7 Plus has entered the DFU mode.
Anyway, to avoid unexpected failure when performing an iPhone 7 hard reboot and enter the DFU mode, make sure that you follow each step on how to Hard Reboot or Enter DFU Mode on iPhone 7/7 Plus correctly. Don’t hold any button too long or too short to avoid any failure. Although the new methods in this tutorial need a little more effort, soon you will get used to in the matter of time. Then, everything will be much easier to do if you have mastered all needed steps.