Set Up iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
The iPhone 7 arrives alongside with its larger model, the iPhone 7 Plus. If you have just bought the new iPhone, the first thing you need to do is to set it up. Setting up iPhone 7 is easy and fast. Some options are available for you to set up your iPhone 7:
- set up iPhone 7 over a Wi-Fi network
- set up iPhone 7 over your carrier’s cellular network
- set up iPhone 7 by connecting it to a computer
- set up iPhone 7 using iTunes
There are several things you need to prepare before the iPhone 7 set up. First you will need your Apple ID, the email address and password for your Apple ID, the name and password of your Wi-Fi network, your credit or debit card account information(if you want to add a card to Apple Pay), and a backup of your data.
How to set up iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus:Advertisment
- Back up your old iPhone
If you are upgrading from an older iPhone to iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus, you need to back up your old iPhone via iTunes or via iCloud. This will help you to keep your apps, important data, and settings to your new iPhone 7.
- Turn on your new iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus
- Choose your language, country or region
- Now connect to Wi-Fi and choose Location Services
- Set up Touch ID and create a passcode
Setting up your Touch ID is the best way to secure your iPhone 7 and is the fastest way to unlock your iPhone. You should also create the passcode.
- Restore or transfer your apps and data
- Sign in with your Apple ID and set up iCloud Drive
- Set up Siri
- Set Up Apple Pay
To use the Apple pay, you will need to have the Touch ID enabled. Go to Apple’s Wallet app to set the Apple Pay and add one of two credit cards. Please note that if you already had Apple Pay on your older iPhone, you won’t find your credit cards on your new iPhone. Simply re-enter any payment cards and you will be able to enjoy the Apple Pay.
- Customize the click of your Home button
iPhone 7 has no physical home button but Apple replaced it with a static version that’s force sensitive. Users will get vibrations delivered through the home button as notifications as well as unique buzzes for text messages and calls. To set up the home button, simply tap an option, then press the Home button. You can choose your favorite by tapping Next.
- Choose settings for app analytics and display resolution
- That’s it.
Now tap Get Started to begin using your iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus.Advertisment