What to Do If Someone Else is Using Your Apple ID
If you got a message on your iPhone 7 saying that your Apple ID is being used somewhere, it is possible that there is someone else using your ID to sign into the iOS device. If you suspect someone else may use your ID anywhere else, you can see what to do if someone else is using your Apple ID in this tutorial. Your Apple ID is an ID that you can use it for so many Apple products and services. Remember that you can use one Apple ID for all Apple devices and services. That’s why it is significant for you to ensure that your Apple ID is secure.
How do you know someone is using your Apple ID
If you think that there is someone else using your Apple ID, read the following information telling you what to do if someone else is using your Apple ID. You might not tell about your Apple ID to someone else, but sometimes unexpected compromising may happen. Therefore, you need to know some indications when someone else is using your Apple ID. Here are some of the possible signs:
Related: iPhone 7 Wrong Apple ID Issue
- If you got a message on your iPhone 7 telling you that your Apple ID is being used by someone else.
- If you receive a notification email about your Apple ID was used to sign into a device that you don’t belong, or there is a recent login activity that you didn’t do.
- If you got a confirmation email from Apple telling you about the changes of your Apple ID password, or information about your account update, but you didn’t do any changes to yours.
- If suddenly your iPhone 7 is locked or placed in Lost Mode.
- There are messages you didn’t send appearing in your account.
- There is a charges or notices about a recent purchase you didn’t make.
- You can’t use your password.
- There are unrecognized changes to your account.
How to gain control of your Apple ID
If there is one of the signs above indicating that there is someone else using your Apple ID, then you need to acquire control of your Apple ID. Follow the steps below to obtain control of it and review information of your account:
- Go to https://appleid.apple.com/#!&page=signin and sign in using your Apple ID and password.
- Go to https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid if you can’t sign in to your account, after that try to reset or unlock your account.
- Change your Apple ID password, and make sure that you are using a strong password.
- Review all your account information including the personal and security information of the account.
- Make some update if there is unrecognized information that is not correct.
- Ensure that you control every email address associated with your Apple ID by using your email address provider or change the password for the email address or change with a different email address.
- Strengthen your Apple ID security by setting up two-step verification or two-factor authentication for your Apple ID.
After gaining control of your Apple ID, Go to https://appleid.apple.com/ and then sign in using your Apple ID and password to see which devices that you are signed in using your Apple ID to ensure that there is no unrecognized device from the list. By the way, from now on, always secure your Apple ID as well as you can to prevent unexpected hacking. Meanwhile, stay alerted and always remember what to do if someone else is using your Apple ID.Advertisment